Thursday 4 November 2021

More new to NA... The Lanes

I don't know what I like most about this song - the repetitive, jingle-jangle guitar, the lyrics, or something else that I can't put my finger on. But this is the new (debut?) single from The Lanes. A quick peak at their Soundcloud suggests this is rapid progress from their earlier live demo recordings. And what about those lyrics, just how now are they?

Take your time to pass it by
Don’t forget to say goodbye
You’ll regret it over time
When you're missing everything you knew
It’s getting harder to motivate myself
And getting up is still an issue

But there’s a locked up safe
Where I’m feeling good
And no one really cares for any politics
And the nights won’t end
And you say you need me
For once

Hmm, there are a couple of lines there that I can really empathise with. You?

I don't know much else about The Lanes, other than that by applying Holmesian deductive reasoning I'm going to hazard a guess that they met at university, and that they've taken their name from an area of Norwich. Who knows if I'm right? Either way, I quite like this song, even though there's a moment around 2:34 that is crying out for a better producer, in my view. Anyway, see what you think...

No comments:

Post a Comment