Sunday 21 November 2021

Live weekend, part II: renewing an old acquaintance

Another scheduled post, written on Friday night, as I expect to be tired, hoarse and possibly a little hungover this morning (this was why).

Tonight, for part II of the live weekend, The Man of Cheese and I will be renewing a live performance relationship that goes back more than 30 years, as we take in C's favourites (I'll persuade you eventually) and the band I have seen live more times than any other: The Wedding Present. They're touring to celebrate 30 years of Seamonsters and, excitingly, bass player Melanie's solo side project Such Small Hands is the support act. Again, I cannot wait; the pre-Christmas Gedge gig had become something of a ritual for us, that it's nice to be able to resume after having to take last year off.

It's a small venue, so I fully expect to have lost a bit more hearing by this time tomorrow. What's a bit of tinnitus between friends? (Pardon?) Anyway, here's side one, track one from Seamonsters:

And here's Such Small Hands covering Adele because, why not?!

2 comments:

  1. You may have to keep using your powers of persuasion, Martin but I'm always open to them!
    Hope you had a really great weekend of friendship and live music, sounds just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete