Sunday 3 April 2022

Sunday shorts: I’m In Love With A Girl Who Doesn’t Know I Exist

It's a good job I only came across this song in my fifties. If I had heard it in 1988, when it came out, I probably would have spent an inordinate amount of time with a notebook in one hand and acoustic guitar in the other, writing out the lyrics and working out the chords. Because, of course, it would have spoken to me, forever smitten with unobtainable girls as I was back then. But I can't recall ever hearing of Another Sunny Day back then, even though this apparently got to number twelve in the indie chart for them. Oh well. Lost time, and all that.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet and jangly, it sounds a little like some early Creation singles to me too; I don't remember ever hearing it before either but interesting to read about them. As for the subject, definitely a girl thing too! Oh, that boy from the local school... the one at the bus stop every day that never looked at me twice, and yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know. I did so much pining, whilst simultaneously convincing myself I was so unworthy...

      Delete
  2. I would recommend You Should All Be Murdered by the same band, for obvious reasons...

    ReplyDelete