Wednesday 6 April 2022

I can't remember a worse time

Remember how I posted recently about unnecessary covers, and lamented those that slavishly aped the original, without trying something different? Well, this is different enough for me. The K's first came to my attention courtesy of The Man Of Cheese but they are not, contrary to what this video might suggest, an acoustic two-piece - rather, they are a sharply-dressed unsigned band of impossible youth who are not afraid to show you their influences. Here's an example of more typical fare from The K's ... but I am rather partial to this, their cover of one of Jarvis's finest moments.

And I really can't remember a worse time.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice. Like the sound of their own stuff too. Not sure about the apostrophe though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're good, I think.

      As for the apostrophe, I wrote this post without it ... but then put it in after checking their socials. Grates a bit.

      Delete
    2. If it was good enough for the La's...

      Delete
  2. Very good - accomplished and talented, what a voice there too. I like this as well as the harder edged track you linked to - and the pianist's shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, aren't they? And I quite like the singer's Fred Perry ringer.

      Delete
  3. Great stuff - fine cover version (is it possible to stuff a truly great song?) and them K blokes sound right up my strasse. Must investigate further.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Man Of Cheese8 April 2022 at 21:13

    Definitely worth a trip to see live I reckon. Their track "Sarajevo" is not only excellent but the chorus lyrics are very apt given the current Putin related nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I was looking for their live dates, mate. Mostly seem to be further north, though, so might need some planning...

      Delete