Monday 25 April 2022

More new to NA: Billy Nomates

Billy Nomates is actually a woman called Tor Maries. That's pretty much all I know about her, though you may find out more on your platform of choice at lnk.to/JlfS0aHS

In the meantime, I really like this, though I'm not sure I've decided quite why yet. It might be the whip-smart lyrics, or the way the backing track rhythms seem at odds with the vocal melody. Whatever, it doesn't really matter why I like it, does it? I just do, and maybe you will too.

4 comments:

  1. I suspect I'm not alone in 'discovering' Billy Nomates via her appearances with Sleaford Mods. She's great and so is this song. Love the video, too. You rarely got half the imagination (or improv choreography) on low budget videos on The Chart Show in the 1980s...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Whereas I've been working backwards to those Sleaford Mods appearances. Billy Nomates is on not too far from me towards the end of the year - I must get myself a ticket.

      Delete
  2. I love Billy Nomates. I was, of course, led to discover her music because her name reminded me of what many people used to call me back in school...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people still call me that now...

      Delete