Friday 1 April 2022

I wish this was an April Fool

From today, the unit cost of electricity from my energy supplier goes up 40%. The unit cost of my gas goes up 81%. And of course the standing charges go up too, a frankly incomprehensible 58% and 4% respectively.

I know I'm far from alone in suddenly feeling boracic, but this is messed up, isn't it? Especially when you compare the pitiful so-called help from Sunak to the government responses in France and elsewhere in the EU.

Here's an old Panic Brothers track in a futile attempt to make me feel better that ultimately makes me feel worse.

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to stay optimistic with the thought in the back of my mind that such a huge hike in prices for a prolonged period of time is going to be untenable because of the sheer volume of people affected and that something just has to change before we all start eating each other...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your optimism, C, and will try my best to share it.

      Delete
  2. The Man Of Cheese2 April 2022 at 23:27

    Crazy times,I managed to fix with EON for a year from today to avoid the next nightmare in October and felt quite good about it. I then thought for a minute and wondered what it has come to when I'm happy to be essentially paying double overnight and for at least a year. We're all messed up...

    ReplyDelete