Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Buried answers

The answers to last week's logic problem:

Blogger Radio station Format Decade
Andy Radio 3 Spotify 60s
Bob Radio 1 Cassette 70s
Charlie Radio 4 MP3 80s
Debra Radio 2 Vinyl 00s
Erica 6 Music CD 90s

Don't know what Bob is doing listening to Radio 1, given his preference for music of the 70s. Also, if I was a single man, I'd probably want to meet Erica...

Anyway, that was alright, wasn't it? And here's I Buried All The Answers by Fink, which seems appropriate. I know nothing about Fink, having only found this by searching for songs about answers. Seems he's from Cornwall, is in his mid-fifties, and has pivoted in an acoustic direction after a 30-year career focused on electronic music and DJ-ing. Really, where have I been?

11 comments:

  1. It was very good but I found it very tough! I had lots of crossings out and got rather frustrated when I thought I had it solved and then realised that it couldn't be right after all as one of your clues had already stated otherwise.... Then when Frank turned up with his love of Radio Caroline, minidiscs and 50s music I knew something had gone awry.
    Thank you for the brain workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a 70s blogger (1970s as opposed to being inmy 70s) who listens to RTE Radio 1 & RTE Lyric FM, and is an avid Spotify listener I think I'd probably like to have a drink with Bob. If only to ask him whether he really listens to his old cassettes or just ticks that box for affectation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got it! Excellent puzzle - thanks.

    If you do it again you could increase the complexity by adding extra music formats - minidisc as suggested by C, 8 track cartridges, reel to reel, shellac, sheet music etc

    I used to share a flat who listened to his Camel albums on reel to reel. I was very tempted to 'accidentally' put a knot in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a "with someone" that should go between "flat" and "who".

      Delete
    2. That must have been reel to really annoying.... sorry, I'll get my coat.

      Delete
    3. "...increase the complexity..." ???!!!

      Delete
    4. Relax, C, I won't be doing any more of these. The trouble with them is that they get a bit samey after a while.

      Delete
  4. Even after you gave out the answers, I'm none the wiser.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about writing a step-by-step walkthrough of how to solve this, but I didn't want to lose my single-digit readership...

      Delete