From every-home-should-have-one Songs From Northern Britain, this, for me, is ultimate form Teenage Fanclub.
Your sadness don't lie Your feelings can't hide You always know why But your reasons are sly You never deny What you feel inside I, I disappear when you're not here In my life I can't slip away when I see your face I lose my confusion Your love is the place where I come from When I'm on my own I'm lost in space My freedom's a delusion Your love is the place where I come from My sadness don't lie My feelings can't hide I just can't deny What I feel inside I can't slip away when I see your face I lose my confusion Your love is the place where I come from When I'm on my own I'm lost in space My freedom's a delusion Your love is the place where I come from I can't slip away when I see your face I lose my confusion Your love is the place where I come from When I'm on my own I'm lost in space My freedom's a delusion Your love is the place where I come from
A terrific album, and indeed song
ReplyDeleteIsn't it just, my favourite TF album.
DeleteI think Grand Prix just pips it. But only by a short neck. Tried to get tickets for next month's Hackney gig but it was sold out.
ReplyDeleteLike gold dust, I imagine.
DeleteYep, their best album, pound for pound, for me too.
ReplyDeleteEvery home should have a copy!
DeleteBandwagonesque, Thirteen and Grand Prix was an incredible run of albums, but for me Songs From Northern Britain topped them all. It's near as dammit flawless.
ReplyDeleteDoesn't put a foot wrong, does it?
Delete