Thursday, 6 August 2026

No (or, Old man shouts at cloud)

I saw the BBC News headline:

"Why playing your phone out loud in public might become the new normal"

And I read the story. To which the only reasonable response is:

I was discussing this with The Man Of Cheese last week. It will come as no surprise to anyone to learn that The Intolerance Twins both preferred a time when phones were for personal communication rather than public broadcast.

I was also reminded of a quote from Alan Bennett, given in interview in 2015:

"There has been so little that has happened to England since the 1980s that I have been happy about or felt able to endorse. One has only had to stand still to become a radical."

I also see myself in this.

The Simpsons - Old Man Yells At Cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment