Thursday 11 January 2024

Crazy? Ditto.

Disclaimer: this post was written in December 2023, and scheduled for future posting. Its contents may no longer be accurate or appropriate.

I heard Crazy Again by Gossip on 6 Music over the Christmas period. Whisper it quietly but I rather like it.

Yes, I know it is not my usual bag by any means. And yes, I know I have struggled a bit to warm to Beth Ditto in the past, partly because the music press got very excited about her but for what I thought were the wrong reasons, possibly even disingenuous reasons. But enough of my miserable old man schtick. This song: the simple, repeated guitar line on top of this really worms its way into your ear, I think. And there's a bit in the middle where some of the percussion sounds a bit like an Eighties Ariston advert. I approve.

The video is rather good too, and funny ("This weather really sucks dick..."). Though I should probably add that, unless you work somewhere very laid back, it might be considered NSFW in a few places.

Tip the author

2 comments:

  1. You're correct. The video has been blocked here. Not that I spend all day reading blogs at work. I just had a free 30 seconds.

    I'll try to remember to call back tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From which I conclude that i must work somewhere fairly laid back. Not that I spend all day reading blogs at work, either. 30 seconds, etc.

      Delete