Tuesday 7 March 2023

Thank you for the days III: Tuesday

Let's flog this blog series dead horse, with a third and final batch of posts featuring songs that have a day of the week in the title. Part II of part III must mean it's Tuesday.

Let's start with a suggestion from last time out (thanks JM) and bit of Nick Heyward, with Another Stupid Tuesday. I've gone with a demo version here, as the rough guitar sound puts me vaguely in mind of early REM. See what I mean?

Next up, here's Men Without Hats, proving (or disproving, some might say) that there was more to them than just The Safety Dance. This is On Tuesday, notable for its Anchorman-style jazz flute. What can I say, it was 1987...

I'll close with someone that both Rol and I have been championing for a while. Last time out Rol suggested Pretty Sure It's Tuesday by Gavin Osborn and why not, because it's dystopian brilliance.

Wednesday tomorrow. Who'd've thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment