Monday 6 March 2023

Thank you for the days III: Monday

Let's flog this blog series dead horse, with a third and final batch of posts featuring songs that have a day of the week in the title. Best start with Monday.

First off, a track that is an unbelievable 39 years old, from everyone's favourite Brummie New Romantic pioneers; specifically, New Moon On Monday by Duran Duran. There was a lot of money spare for videos back then, eh?

For the second track, let's stay in the mid-80s (some would say I never left). Here's a live performance of Maybe Monday by 'Til Tuesday, famous of course for being Aimee Mann's first successful band.

Let's finish today with a bit of a cheat. I say that because I featured half of this mash-up first time around. But who needs an excuse for showing this video, I say, so here's the future wife with Can't Get Blue Monday Out Of My Head.

More nonsense tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah, you say "final"... but look at Sean Connery...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He couldn't keep away, could he? Whereas I am already repeating myself, as you can see, so clearly it's time to turn in my Beretta and Aston Martin.

      Delete
    2. The Man Of Cheese6 March 2023 at 18:20

      Now I remember getting a Duran Duran VHS with New Moon On Monday and driving the parentals mad playing it,as I was blown away by the video.
      As for Kylie I was also blown away by her videos for a slightly different reason!

      Delete
    3. Yes, Duran Duran were never knowingly undersold on the video front, were they? And VHS, feels quaint now, doesn't it? As for Kylie... sigh.

      Delete