Saturday 5 February 2022

For what good it will do

I wrote to my MP in the week. I expect nothing to come of it - I live in a constituency so blue you wouldn't believe it. And, if his voting record is any indication, the incumbent MP just does what he's told and follows the party line at all times.

I've written to him a couple of times before, and received boilerplate letters in response that look and feel like they were written by Conservative Central Office. But I had to try again, because I just feel so bloody angry about Partygate, the lies, the sneering entitlement, the fake sincerity, all of it. All of it.

Here's what I wrote. I'll let you know if I get anything back...

2 comments:

  1. A brilliant letter, Martin, really brilliant. I'd love to know if you hear back and, if so, what they say, so please do keep us posted. I can't understand how anyone with an ounce of integrity could support BJ. I hear that his latest response is "Oh but I'll change!" which I believe is horribly similar to what many abusive men say in pitiful desperation after they've just punched their wives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, C. I expect I'll get a reply but I also think it will be a bland response, drafted and approved by Conservative Central Office.

      As for Johnson, yes, he is a serial offender.

      Delete