Sunday 9 June 2019

Sunday shorts: Norgaard

Monday long song has been a theme on lots of blogs for some time. Swiss Adam at the reliably excellent Bagging Area is one regular long-songer. The Swede at Unthought of Though, Somehow is another. I've even done it myself, now and then.

So here's the obvious flip-side: Sunday shorts. Or excellent tunes that clock in at 2 minutes or less... not every week, but now and again. I'll kick things off, shall I? Bloody love this, 98 seconds of catchy, uplifting brilliance from The Vaccines. Good video too.

6 comments:

  1. Yes, let's hear it for short songs, nice idea. I'm a bit ambivalent about the Vaccines but it kicks it off well. Was just listening to something quite random this morning from my youth and thought it might fit the bill.. but then see it clocks in at 2min 25 secs. How strict are you?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going to be really strict here, mainly because I started this as an excuse to feature For Tim Collins by The Blue Aeroplanes but then realised it's two and half minutes long, so doesn't qualify. If I can't bend my own rules....

      Delete
    2. Of course you could post a Sunday Short on SDS and then you get to make your own rules... :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea. Sadly I can't play on a Sunday, but I'll try to throw together another of my short songs posts to join in sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete