I listened to this in the car yesterday. First time I've played it in a long time. And it's 38 years old too. But that didn't stop the hairs standing up on my arms, so much so that I had to keep skipping back and playing it again. Reader, I may have played it four times in a row, singing along louder with every play.
For me this song is indelibly linked with seeing Bill in 1990, my American friend by my side, watching with unadulterated joy as all the support acts joined him on stage for this, the show's finale. I can see it now. I can feel it now.
What a song.
I'm still waiting, mind...
Yep, all of that. I saw him play it in Liverpool, 88/ 89 ish. Fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI still have the tour poster from 1990, rescued from the uni venue at the end of the gig.
DeleteLove this. Music is often so much more than just music!
ReplyDelete