Any time there's a big football tournament on, I run the sweepstake at work. It generates conversation between people who don't normally have much to say to each other, so that's good, I guess.
Anyway, I offered the opinion last week that I thought it unlikely England would beat Mexico in the Azteca. People asked why I was so negative. The answer?
Looks like I posted the original of this, by Sophie's first band The Audience (or theaudience, as they styled themselves) five and a half years ago. Seems I was writing about my hope that Trump was gone from frontline politics, for good. You see, that's where hope gets you. Far better to be a pessimist.
That said, I do hope England can at least overcome Norway and teach someone how to "stay humble"...
Belated happy returns on your 17th. For some reason comments are not allowed on that post. Were you expecting trolls?
ReplyDeleteIt's not any kind of anniversary, it's just a reminder of something for me, hence no comments because people are so kind and want to say "Happy... something" but it isn't that kind of post. But cheers for the thought.
DeleteIn that case I take it all back
Delete:)
Delete