Friday 31 May 2024

Blue Friday: The Struggle

Disclaimer: this post was written in December 2023, and scheduled for future posting. Its contents may no longer be accurate or appropriate.

There's nothing new here, musically, with the conventional four-chord jangle. Doesn't matter though. I really rather like this, from The Lathums. Okay, so you might have a wry smile at someone so youthful singing about when he was young, but the lyrics set the tone, right from the off:

I sometimes think to when I was young
To happier times but now they have gone
I’ll try to remember the things that made me smile

I don't want to blaspheme or anything but I do slightly think that if Morrissey and Marr were born post-Millennium, this is a bit like how they'd sound now.Tip the author

No comments:

Post a Comment