Sunday 24 March 2024

Favourite groups? None, really.

Disclaimer: this post was written in December 2023, and scheduled for future posting. Its contents may no longer be accurate or appropriate.

On this very day, 30 years ago, kids' magazine Look-in published this "interview" with The Smiths. The thing I love about it, aside from the occasionally comedic answers, is that all four band members got an equal moment in the interview spotlight. I wonder what SPM made of Andy's liking for steak...?

Look-in magazine interview of The Smiths, 24th March 1984

I also love Johnny's hobby: "Playing guitar".

Anyway, here are the four tracks identified by the band as their favourite records:

Andy's choice
Morrissey's choice
Johnny's choice
Mike's choice

The title of this post comes from SPM's response when asked to name his favourite groups. I'm frankly amazed he didn't say "The Smiths".Tip the author

4 comments:

  1. The Man Of Cheese24 March 2024 at 13:58

    All those years ago who could have foreseen the acrimonious break up and sad passing of Mr Rourke?
    However an incredible legacy of songs and hard to believe we still go and watch SPM live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I didn't know until very recently that after they broke up, Mike auditioned to be the drummer for pre-fame Suede. But they thought he was a bit above where they were at the time, I think. Funny old world, eh?

      Delete
  2. This must have been before he discovered the New York Dolls.

    The Seashells version of Maybe I Know is better than the Lesley Gore version I knew.

    Everyday I Write The Book is a class choice.

    ReplyDelete