Friday 9 February 2024

Blue Friday: Fuel to Fire

Disclaimer: this post was written in December 2023, and scheduled for future posting. Its contents may no longer be accurate or appropriate.

As I write this, way back in the comparative safety of December '23, series two of the equal parts gripping and annoying drama Vigil is being heavily trailed on BBC1. All of which reminds me of this track, Fuel to Fire, by Agnes Obel, which was used in series one. I don't know anything about Agnes that can't be gleaned from her Wikipedia entry. However, I do know that this track is atmospheric, borderline haunting, and sticks in the mind, especially the simple piano motif throughout the verses. Good video too.

Tip the author

2 comments:

  1. Good song
    We never made it to the end of the second series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be honest, I didn't even start the second series.

      Delete