Wednesday 14 February 2024

Waving flags. Probably a white one.

Disclaimer: this post was written in December 2023, and scheduled for future posting. Its contents may no longer be accurate or appropriate.

Sea Power are playing quite near to me, tonight. They're touring to celebrate the fifteenth anniversary of the album Do You Like Rock Music? which, you might recall, I like so much it's on the Every Home Should Have One masterlist. So naturally I'm going to the gig, right?

Well, I might be, I might not. Because February 14th is not a great date for telling your significant other that you're off out to a gig on your own. "Don't wait up, see you in the morning," all of that ...

So in case I don't make it, this is Waving Flags from that album I boringly drone on about so very often. Put your arm around someone you love and enjoy.

Tip the author

11 comments:

  1. Saw them last Friday night, Waving Flags was a definite highlight. Review to follow at Bagging Area later this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I look forward to the review, to hear how good what I'll be missing is!

      Delete
    2. I'm sure they'll tour again and you'll see them.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, sorry to hear you'll be missing it... shame you couldn't both go.
    Great track.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My other half would see it as a bonus if I went out on Valentine's night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My excuse for missing them in Glasgow was that it would have been my third gig in four nights, with a football match sandwiched in-between too. Just didn't have the energy and really regret missing out this time.

    ReplyDelete