Monday 4 December 2023

Monday long song: You Took

We're into December, it's cold and the nights are drawing in. I really should start work on my That Was The Year That Was review of 2023, but I'm not sure I have enough to make it worthwhile. So instead here's a long song for your Monday, from Aussie outfit The Church's second album, The Blurred Crusade, all the way back from 1982. According to Wikipedia, this was about the time the band left their New Wave roots behind and expanded into "neo-psychedelia". Yes, really.

Whatever the genre description, Crusade remains a decent album, even if it has dated slightly. The first 90 seconds of this could be knocked up in Garageband in about, ooh, 90 seconds these days, I reckon. But that's not the point, is it?

Anyway, the song.

Tip the author

2 comments:

  1. " The first 90 seconds of this could be knocked up in Garageband in about, ooh, 90 seconds these days, I reckon." That's just depressing.

    I'm struggling to write my year end review this year too, and in theory I have loads to go at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just?

      As for end of year reviews, I think I'm just struggling in general. It other years, the year in review post has virtually written itself.

      Delete