Tuesday 15 March 2022

Tube Tuesday: R.E.M.

Following on from my earlier post enthusing about the YouTubing of The Tube, here's another in an occasional series plucking gems from the back catalogue.

Today it's from episode 3 of series 4, broadcast 25th October 1985, and a second live performance on The Tube for R.E.M. ... Michael's in his dyed-blonde phase, and Peter and Bill have matching outfits (remember unbuttoned shirt sleeves like that?). Fables of the Reconstruction had only been out for four months, so it's no surprise to see Can't Get There From Here get an airing. I will go to Philomath one day...

6 comments:

  1. Blimey. Somewhere in this flat there's a VHS tape with this performance on it. I haven't seen it for goodness only knows how many years, but watched it so often back then that I still know every twitch, squeak and perfectly timed leap off by heart. Glorious stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, glorious indeed. Utterly glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the best 3 minutes 28 I'll get today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I particularly enjoy Michael's monster impersonation at around 2:31.

      Delete