Tuesday, 15 September 2026

TLAP: Jiddler's Tipple All Day Pale Ale

Having no other inspiration, let's do one more of these.

Jiddler's Tipple All Day Pale Ale

Jiddler's Tipple All Day Pale Ale

What's it like? Spiel on the artfully textured can emphasises just how citrus this ale is, and you can certainly spot the citra hops, but at no point is it excessively fruity. Some might like a bit more of the claimed maltiness, but the bottom line is that this is a very pleasant beverage, and slips down easily. It does suffer a little from the most common problem for many of the alcohol-free beers I've reviewed so far, namely failing to remind the drinker they are having an ale rather than just a refreshing fruity drink. But pour it into a glass for visual reinforcement and you should be alright. Oh, and you can feel doubly smug as you drink, since the brewery claims its core range is carbon negative. Hooray.

Would I drink it in a pub? Yes.

Would I drink more than one? Maybe.

Would I drink it all night? Probably not. Ironic, given its name.

Stats: 0.5% ABV. Calories 24 kcal/100ml. Currently £2.10 for a 440ml can, from Sainsbury's

Stars: ★★★⯪☆

There's only one song for drinking something all day (and perhaps all of the night too). But since we are all note-perfect on the Kinks original already, how about a faithful French-language cover from Les Terribles?

3 comments:

  1. I pretty much like a French language cover of anything! The Jiddler's Tipple sounds nice enough too, though I'm not sure about that name Jiddler - makes me think I might be need to keep nipping off to the Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had occasion to down a couple more alcohol free/light beers myself recently and have yet to land upon anything to beat Guinness 0%. Still on the lookout for Nowt Peculiar and Proper Job 0.5% though.

    ReplyDelete