Monday 23 September 2024

Monday long song: 32 Flavors

Disclaimer: this post was written in December 2023, and scheduled for future posting. Its contents may no longer be accurate or appropriate.

What do Ray Charles, Bruce Springsteen and Ani DiFranco all have in common? They were all born on 23rd September... so happy birthday. I guess. Others will no doubt write about Brother Ray and The Boss, so I'll go with Ani.

32 Flavors is from Ani's 1995 album Not A Pretty Girl, and takes a pretty direct aim at society's evaluations and expectations of women.

Ani's Wikipedia page is also quite informative - she has been, as Billy Bragg would say, active with the activists. More power to her.Tip the author

2 comments:

  1. Of course, I should have done a post to mark The Boss's 75th birthday. But I'm just not on the ball.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or you could see it as being more original than having to resort to birthday posts like me!

      Delete