Monday 9 September 2024

Finally

Disclaimer: this post was written in December 2023, and scheduled for future posting. Its contents may no longer be accurate or appropriate.

I've been blogging for nineteen and a half years and yet somehow this is the first time I've managed to feature this track on the 9th of September. Honestly. Someone should have a word with my line-manager.

All the way from 1983, this is 9-9 by REM. To my ears it still sounds fresh, different and just plain unusual now, more than 40 years later. Imagine how it must have sounded at the time...

Tip the author

2 comments:

  1. What a great song from a truly great album. Never occurred to me to post it on 9th Sept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor me, until this year. I think if it was called 9/9 instead of 9-9 it would have occurred to me years ago.

      Delete