Wednesday 31 August 2022

Bonus CarFest post: Foxy Lady

One more picture from CarFest that I forgot to post yesterday:

Film fans of a certain age may recognise this as the Mirth Mobile from Wayne's World, or at least an AMC Pacer of the right vintage, given a paint job. The drivers took this round the track as Wayne and Garth, complete with wigs and hats, blasting Foxy Lady by The Jimi Hendrix Experience from the speaker you can see mounted below the number plate. Obviously Amusements Minor has never seen Wayne's World, so I tried to explain; I may even have performed a low-key re-enactment of Garth's dance, but the boy died of embarrassment, so I stopped. I should have just shown him this:

Two things: one, this track still absolutely burns, 55 years after release. And two, Tia Carrere: schwing!

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of those guys in hats and wigs driving around to the sounds of Foxy Lady. I saw the film when I was in my 30s and told everyone at work the next day how funny it was. Sadly few of them agreed with me when they went to see it. Their loss.

    Poor Amusements Minor - you may have scarred him for life, but hopefully not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Dad, stop," he said, grabbing my hands in mid "heartbreaker" action.

      Delete