Thursday 23 June 2022

More new to NA: Just Mustard

Just Mustard are a five-piece from Dundalk in Ireland, comprising vocalist Katie Ball, guitarists David Noonan and Mete Kalyon, bassist Rob Clarke, and drummer Shane Maguire. Their blurb talks about a "blend of noise, trip hop, and influenced music", whatever influenced music might be. Anyway... their 2018 debut album Wednesday earned them a Choice Music Prize nomination for Irish Album of the Year, and their latest album Heart Under is available now.

However, Frank wasn't on either of those albums. It does have a minor ear-worm, and a slightly unsettling video though. See what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's pretty different and oddly compelling - I can't put my finger on quite why. New to me too and not what I was expecting from a name like Just Mustard. Also wondering what the 'influenced music' could be, I'm searching my brain for some "sounds a bit like..." possibilities but not finding any!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Compelling is right. Plus, I'm thinking that all contemporary music is influenced music, since its creators must all be influenced by something, whether consciously or subconsciously. So I must be missing the point, as usual.

      Delete