Friday 31 July 2020

Do I Belong Here?

I've been banging the drum for Such Small Hands, aka Wedding Present bassist Melanie Howard, for some time now. I make no apologies for this, because I think she is beyond brilliant. Melanie's debut solo album Carousel is coming soon, and last night she released this teaser track from it. In her own words, Do I Belong Here? "...is about how it feels to be in a room with someone who should know you inside out, but instead feels like a total stranger." Good, isn't it? I realise I might use the phrase "beautiful melancholia" quite a lot but, in this case, it really fits.

All the links you need to find out more about Melanie, including how to order that album, are here on the Such Small Hands link tree. In the meantime, feast your ears on this:

Oh, and this is available to download from Bandcamp on a "name your own price" basis.

2 comments:

  1. It's lovely - beautiful melancholia is exactly right. Such talent. I'm reminded a little of the sound/mood of Mazzy Star too.

    ReplyDelete