Friday 31 January 2020

"... follow yourselves, not some ageing drain brain"

"And follow yourselves, not some ageing drain brain,
Who's quite content to go on feeding you garbage.
We're running on the spot - always have - always will,
We're just the next generation of the emotionally crippled."

Yes, alright, I accept it's happening. We lost, right? But I'm not going to get over it any time soon. Leaving the EU is a terrible, terrible mistake, an unparalleled act of national self-harm that is selling us out, and selling our children down the river. I wish I was wrong but I know I'm not, whatever those braying voices on the right of the House and their newsprint mouthpieces would have us believe.

So no, I'm not celebrating, quite the opposite. And if one of the ridiculous commemorative 50 pence coins should come my way, with its inscription reminding us of three things we've put at risk by leaving the EU, then I will be taking it out of circulation. Stupid and ridiculous, I know... much like Brexit, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely, Martin. A day (lifetime?) of mourning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, yes, I can see it taking the rest of my lifetime to get back in, if ever.

      Delete