Wednesday 8 January 2020

Cross-pollination ... but not too much

Last month I wrote about the fact that I'll be cycling from Land's End to John O'Groats (LEJOG, in the parlance) in September. 980 miles in 9 days. Madness, right?

Some of you were kind enough to sponsor me - thank you so, so much. I have a colossal fundraising target attached to my place, which is going to be a challenge in itself, but it's for a terrific cause. If you're interested, you can sponsor me here - cheers.

Anyway, a lot of my waking time in the next eight months is going to be taken up with either cycling or thinking about cycling. And I might want to write about it, or keep records, or ... something. A blog would be the natural place for that. But, whilst interesting for me, it'll probably be very boring and more than a little nerdy for most.

All of which is my way of saying I've started another blog, especially for all that stuff, over at 61-63.blogspot.com - if you're interested in bikes, you could take a look. Or maybe you just want to know why it's called "61-63". Whatever. This way, I can be a bike nerd without polluting this blog. I'm not saying I won't mention LEJOG here again (I almost certainly will, not least when sponsorship desperation inevitably kicks in) but I'll leave the lycra over at the new place.

Here's the late Pete Shelley's iconic Tour de France theme music then, because, well, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment