Sunday 21 July 2019

Go!

To anyone quibbling the timestamp on this post, the Eagle landed at 02:56:15 UTC on July 21st. UTC pretty much lines up with GMT. So in BST, as we currently are, that's 3:56am.

Don't you wish we had a leader of the free world today who would stand up and say something like "I believe that this nation should commit itself to achieving the goal, before [a] decade is out, of halting and perhaps reversing the effects of man on the climate of the Earth." Because here, perhaps, is the ultimate example of what can be achieved with motivation, enthusiasm, knowledge, funding, ingenuity, bravery and ambition.

Can't hear this enough right now either.

Sunday shorts will (might) return next week, when there are fewer momentous historical events to post about.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely with you on that wish.
    Heard this PSB track on the radio the other day and it made such an impact I had to dig this clip out myself so I could hear it again; the visuals just add to the charm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to be reminded. I seem to forget how much I like PSB.

      Delete