Monday 23 April 2018

Overlooked

Unfairly but understandably, Cinerama were often overlooked by a large proportion of Wedding Present fans who just wanted Gedge to get back to doing what he's always done best - laying kitchen sink heartbreak over jangly guitars. For a long time, I was part of that large proportion; I could appreciate the Cinerama recordings but I pined for what had gone before.

Eventually, I came to realise that Gedge was still doing what he did best - the kitchen sink heartbreak - but was just painting it on a different musical canvas.

Don't get me wrong, I will always choose TWP over Cinerama, but that doesn't mean the latter isn't great. I mean - just have a listen to this:

Increase the amount of Cinerama in your life here.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Cinerama. Even saw them live, the time that Gedge was running his own merchandise stall. Had a nice chat with him and I didn't even buy a T-shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happily, he seems to have carried that habit into his TWP activities. Well, maybe not running the merch stall, but certainly hanging around it, before and after the show.

      Delete