Friday 16 April 2010

Patrick, get ready to turn down there...


Is it just me that's very uneasy about the new version of The Prisoner, which starts on ITV tomorrow night? There are some things you just shouldn't mess with, and Patrick McGoohan's masterpiece, which I eulogised about after his death, is one of them. Sure, Jim Caviezel and Ian McKellen are fine actors but this has the potential to be televisual heresy. I hope I'm wrong, but I fear the worst... fingers crossed that Patrick doesn't end up spinning in his grave. Plus, from what I can read about this remake, McKellen plays Number 2 for the whole series. Didn't those responsible for this "re-imagining" watch the original? Shouldn't Number 2 change on a regular basis?

Bet the title sequence is no match for the original either...

On that note, I'm off to add the DVD boxset of the proper series to my Amazon wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment