Thursday 1 April 2010

Minding the gaps

I haven't done this for two and a half years, so it must be due by now. Yes, this post is the equivalent of a clips episode, whereby I can go back over some of the things I've written in the past and update them. Boring, perhaps, for you, (In)Constant Reader, but essential for that corner of my mental field that is forever OCD. Are you sitting comfortably? Regardless, I'll begin.
  • In October 2007, after seeing Ray Davies live, I moaned about people talking loudly and annoyingly during gigs. I can feel my blood starting to boil again just thinking about it. Well, you can read more about this problem, and nine other examples of bad gig behaviour, in one of the most enjoyable blog posts I've read in a fair while over at Sunset Over Slawit.
  • In the Decembers of 2007 and 2008 I wrote summaries of all the gigs I'd been to during those years. I forgot to do it in 2009, so for the record I saw Buzzcocks, Pete Molinari, U2, went to a bit of the Oxegen festival in Ireland, and went to the Latitude Festival again. Not such an extensive list for 2009, but I had a lot of other things on the go.
  • In March 2008 I asked if being an eco-warrior yet driving a high-powered sports car made me a hypocrite. Well I now drive a very economical (and, admittedly, much less exciting) car with emissions so low I only pay £35 a year car tax. Swings and roundabouts, eh?
  • In September 2008 I wrote about starting a Lottery syndicate with some work colleagues. You'll never guess what... we're massively down...
  • In February 2009 I wrote an article I felt sure would generate some comments, because it was about the unsustainable growth in global population, and what we need to do about it. I got precisely no feedback and, at the time, I was surprised by this. Should have remembered I can count my readership on my fingers.
  • In April 2009 I got very angry because some toerag keyed my car. Yes, the aforementioned sports car. It's now gone, but guess what? I'm still angry about it!
  • In June 2009 I moaned about not being able to choose a new mobile phone. I know, I moan a lot. Well, in the end (i.e. eight months later) I bit the bullet, decided I could live with the camera zoom constraints and bought a Sony Ericsson K770i. And it's great, so I spent all that time and energy weighing it (and many, many others) up for nothing.
  • In February 2010 I published a poll asking you how you'll be voting at the forthcoming general election. At the time of writing this update, the poll suggests 66.67% of the population will vote for David Cameron and 33.33% are undecided. And yes, that does mean that only three people voted - I won't be running any more polls.
So there we go. I won't do this kind of shameless rehash of old posts again for at least another two and a half years. Promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment