Thursday 30 December 2021

What Am I Doing Hanging 'Round?

I know I'm a bit late with my RIP but notwithstanding...

Repeats of The Monkees TV show got me through so many school holidays as a child. That, and the Pink Panther, and Why Don't You?

This is one of my favourite Monkees' tracks, sung by the coolest Monkee, the late Mike Nesmith. The first video is the full-on TV japery version, the second a straight studio mime. Both are great.

For completeness, here's a reminder that it wasn't even Nesmith's own hat...

Regardless of hat provenance, RIP Mike.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, RIP Mike. I watched the original show when I was six. Wouldn't have known about Texas or the kind of music Mike would have grown up with back then but glaringly obvious now. Poor Marge, children can be so cruel.

    ReplyDelete