Saturday 18 December 2021

Time-Capsule TV IV - Film 98

I was looking for something else, of course, but YouTube algorithms seemingly know me better than I know myself, and threw this up instead. And it's terrific, so I had to share it here.

I really miss an intelligent, discussion-led film review programme like this. The programme carried on, successfully, after Barry Norman, with Jonathan Ross in the chair. When he moved on, the format was tinkered with, Claudia Winkleman hosted and, through no fault of hers, the whole thing went south. But there could still be a place for a show like this, I think, perhaps on BBC4. I think Andrew Collins would be the perfect host.

2 comments:

  1. That was lovely to watch - A real bit of nostalgia. Watched Barry's show from the '70s onward, as I've always been a film fan - It was on quite late though so it must have been scheduled at the weekend as I doubt if I would have been allowed to stay up 'on a school night'. I've missed going the cinema over the last two years - Was just starting to dip my toe in the water again but who know what will happen over the next few days and weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss the cinema too - think I've been twice this year, once the year before.

      Delete