Tuesday 3 December 2019

Badvent

It occurs to me that it's nearly Christmas. Once more, I feel disinclined to construct a New Amusements Advent Calendar - sorry about that. They're a lot of work to put together (bah) and finding decent alternative Christmas tunes gets harder every year (humbug). Plus, you know, life has a funny habit of taking the shine off such trivial pursuits... like silver jewellery going black if you don't wear it. Who wants to hear 24 festive indie tunes when old Wotsit-face Tiny-hands is over here for a visit, and our domestic breed of politicians are promising everything in the full knowledge that they cannot deliver it all.

Anyway... the calendars from previous Christmases are all still here for your listening/viewing pleasure, in case you're feeling jollier than I which, let's face it, is quite likely. Knock yourselves out...

Advent 2015   •   Advent 2016   •   Advent 2017

4 comments:

  1. You are right Martin - Having a general election so close to Christmas has soaked all the joy out of it (and to be honest I'm a bit bah humbug about the whole thing nowadays anyway). I predict that High Street sales figures for this year will be the worst ever. Love your description of the POTUS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to feel Christmassy but it's not kicking in yet. Maybe I need a mince pie or two.

      Delete
  2. I'm not feeling at all Christmassy either; a mince pie should definitely help, and over the next few weeks a dip into your previous Advent Calendars too, for which you have my full admiration!

    As for old Wotsit-face Tiny-hands, great name though that it is I'm afraid I really feel it is far too polite a name for such a fucking awful specimen of a human being.

    ReplyDelete