Thursday 31 August 2023

New to NA: Marseille

I can't remember how or where I stumbled upon this track by Marseille. I don't know much (anything) about the band either, other than what I can hear, which is that they grew up listening to their parents' Roses, Bluetones and La's albums, and inherited not only those influences but their influences' influences too.

What I can tell you is that I rather like this, and you might too.

Tip the authorFrom what I can see Marseille have neither a Bandcamp nor Soundcloud presence, but they do have this handy Linktree should you, like me, want to know more.

4 comments:

  1. I just flicked through their YouTube channel and, as you say, Marseille certainly wear their influences loudly and proudly, but they have a few good tunes going on so it'll be interesting to see how they develop. I do feel appallingly, catastrophically ancient now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Damn the young and their youthfulness!

      Delete
  2. While it's nice to see the kids still messing around with guitars... god, they look young!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, feel like I could pass for their grandad.

      Delete