Friday 9 September 2022

Blue Friday: Disappointed

So many of my posts this year have just been one or two lines of perfunctory introduction followed by an embedded YouTube video ... much like this one. It's almost like I've run out of words, and in doing so become everything I once railed against. You would have every right to feel disappointed with New Amusements this year - I certainly have been.

Anyway, here's an appropriate song. I know that he is persona non grata around much (most) of the blogosphere these days but oh, when he was good...

6 comments:

  1. I might not have been guilty of your crimes against blogging when I commented 11 years ago, but I've certainly been guilty of them since. In fact, it could be argued that I took your "whimsy" crime as a template...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you wrote that post about those blogging crimes back in 2011! I know I'e said this befoer but you really were ahead of the game and no wonder you feel that sense of running out of words just at this moment. However, please don't be disappointed with yourself, I think short posts with embeds have their place, they're little nuggets, tasty little snacks, they fit into our busy lives as readers too, and tell us you're still there. And I feel sure you have plenty more words and thoughts that are more meaningful to you and a feast for us readers, to share with us down the line, and they'll come back - perhaps when you least expect them. (I'm hoping that'll be the case with me and SDS too, once I've cleared away the cobwebs...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always appreciate your optimism, C. Perhaps the words will come back, we'll see. I hope they do.

      Delete
  3. I have been known to be whimsy on occasions

    ReplyDelete