Thursday 11 February 2021

Our friends...

Our Friends in the North debuted on British TV screens in January 1996. 25 years ago... man alive. I've written about my love for it before - I think is has been seldom equalled and never bettered. But that's just me.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to draw attention to a really good piece on the BBC Culture website about it, specifically this: Our Friends in the North: One of the greatest ever TV dramas - definitely worth a read.

Oh, and I even used a minor OFITN character as partial visual inspiration for a minor character in my novel, and made an oblique reference to the actor that played that character in my character's surname. Not that anyone is interested in that.

Anyway, here's a nice talking-head piece about the show, and the now-famous last scene. You can, and should, do yourself a favour and buy this on DVD right now, which you can do here. Go on! I genuinely can't think of many better ways to spend £13.99

25 years though. God.

No comments:

Post a Comment