Thursday 12 November 2020

Size is everything

It's four years and two months since I last changed my mobile phone. I'm only changing now because the battery in my old one doesn't hold a charge properly anymore, and is not replaceable. So... the battle to find a small, i.e. pocket-friendly phone was rejoined. And boy, it was hard. Seems that now, more than ever, bigger is seen as better when it comes to smartphones. Annoying... but time to update the mobile timeline, regardless. Here it is:

The most compact phone I could find, with the spec I require, is 8mm taller than the phone it has replaced. Oh well.

Because these photographs are inexplicably popular (in web searches, at least) they have their own label so, for completists (!) here are the previous posts in the series.

3 comments:

  1. Just one reason why I still have a rather out-of-date phone; it's around 6cm x 12cm, perfect for my pocket, my handbag pouch and... my hand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4th phone in from the right was a fully functional Android smartphone with a fine camera and was smaller even than your phone! But there's just nothing like it out there any more, unless you want some unbranded grey import from the far east.

      Delete
  2. When the battery goes, it’s time for a replacement - My old phone used to go from 28% to zero in a nano-second which was a real pain.

    Not easy to find compact ones nowadays as people use them for everything, foregoing a Desktop or laptop. A girl on my college course has done most of the semester only on her phone! How did we cope with massive ring-binders, A4 pads and pens.

    ReplyDelete