Friday 23 June 2006

The six most annoying words you can hear

"Cheer up, it might never happen." F**k you, you mindless buffoon, who's to say it, or something worse than whatever the it is you're imagining, hasn't already happened? Who's to say that my sweet little old granny wasn't mown down last night by a gang of joyriders in a stolen Impreza, whacked out of their gourds on amphetamines and crack cocaine, and that I arrived back from the hospital after identifying Gran's body to find my wife and best mate banging away like a sh*thouse door in a Force 10 gale?

"Cheer up, it might never happen." The expected response to this is a smile but I can't be doing with that at all. I usually just keep my head down and go right on looking miserable, but what I really want to say is "You don't know me or anything about my life, so please will you take yourself and your mindless platitudes out of my face. C*nt."

Footnote: in case you think I'm so angry about this (hence the swearing, sorry) because my gran did get killed last night and my wife was cheating on me with my best mate, I should probably point out that both my grandmothers died when I was still in single figures, I'm not married, and my best mate is a person I would trust my life, let alone a wife, with. I'm just down about other things, and am fed up with hearing these six words, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment