Friday 3 July 2020

Blue Friday: What's That You Say Little Girl

I'm not doing any more Songs for Tomorrow posts, partly because I'm running out of good songs with "tomorrow" in the title but mainly because, the longer I work from home and can't easily go to visit my friends and parents, the more yesterday, today and tomorrow seem interchangeable.

So, a mini-revival for the occasional Blue Friday series. I've written about Stephen Fretwell once before, and this is another track from his 2004 debut album Magpie. What's That You Say Little Girl is a delicate, voice and guitar ballad... and if you think the penultimate verse offers an upbeat ending, a way out, wait for the kick of the last lines...

2 comments:

  1. That is rather beautiful. Agree about the kick of the last line.

    ReplyDelete