Thursday 15 August 2019

Just for the Man of Cheese

It seems like an impossible number of years ago, but I recently found a golf scorecard highlighting my one and only hole in one. My playing partner that day was, as ever, the Man of Cheese. We didn't get to see the ball drop, because of the ridge in front of the green but, in this modern era in which we live, naturally the course in question now has drone footage of every hole so you can inspect the lie, so the speak, from the other side of the world, if you're so inclined.

It wasn't like that in our day, was it mate? As I recall, it was overcast and a bit blowy, I scuffed my tee-shot a bit (okay, quite a bit), it bounced along the fairway, over the ridge and out of sight... and to our mutual amazement, on walking up to the green, there it was, in the cup. An ace, but through no skill on my part. Bloody hell, eh?

I think I still owe you a drink for that, don't I?

2 comments:

  1. The Man Of Cheese16 August 2019 at 22:34

    Good grief,that was many a decade ago. A beautifully planned and executed shot as I recall! I also fluked my sole hole in one there on a different hole in what seems like a former life.
    Perhaps bring the clubs when you're next down and we can see if we can't do it again?!

    ReplyDelete