Thursday 20 June 2019

Street View stupidity

The good thing about Google Maps Street View is that it lets you fritter away your time doing stupid things, like checking out the Philadelphia Museum of Art to see how many people run up the steps. As you might imagine, there are lots and lots and lots and lots of examples. If you have more patience than me, there are even some shots of people with their arms aloft, like their inspiration, above.

You may also enjoy the Philadelphia shooting locations documentary Rocky Jumped a Park Bench. Or maybe that's just me.

4 comments:

  1. Is it a Thing? Running up steps, I mean, not looking at Google Maps Street View, or perhaps that's a Thing too?!
    I have occasionally done some exotic armchair travelling that way too. I recently had a bit of a Thing about Mongolia and so I went to explore a small obscure settlement I found there miles from any other, it was a weird experience... quite glad I went though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a thing.

      Mongolia, nice! And niche!

      Delete
  2. I am the person who sought out the Trainspotting locations in Edinburgh and made a little film for my blog, so not one to judge!

    ReplyDelete