Friday 7 June 2019

Blue Friday - I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday (cover)

This might be the last Blue Friday post. Sure, they're easy for me - pick a vaguely maudlin song, embed it with one line of accompanying text and Bob's your uncle, the blog keeps ticking over. But very few people interact with these posts - hardly any comments, and visit time stats suggest not many actually play the song. So what's the point?

If this is the last Blue Friday, what better way to close than with a cover version I have mixed feelings about. For comparison, the original. Your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Not sure I have a favourite. To be honest, not madly keen on either. But M's is just so M, and B's is just so B. M's more plaintive, B's more strident. I must say that, to me anyway, they sound like completely different songs so it is really interesting how a cover treatment can do that.
    Thought of you - and M - short while ago funnily enough, as in listening to R6 while I work I heard Gene's 'Haunted By You'.
    And I think the Blue Friday concept is a really good one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M's original, for me, all day. B's feels a bit...overblown. Plus the gospel choir come.in too early.

      Ah. Got to love some Gene.

      As for Blue Friday, you'll know by next Friday if it lives on...

      Delete