Monday 26 November 2018

Monday long song: The Fountain of Salmacis

Three of the bloggers in my blogroll posted today with the title "Monday long song" - Charity Chic, The Swede and The Robster. That's good company to be in, so here's a long song from me too - I'm going with the none-more-prog Fountain of Salmacis, from Nursery Cryme (which, with Selling England By The Pound and Foxtrot, forms the holy trinity of Genesis albums in my book). This would also fit nicely with the song-as-short-story theme that JC runs too.

I don't think I'll be doing this every week - I have my own day-based theme to maintain, after all. But just this once, here's a Monday long song, with 1972-vintage Genesis putting in a great live studio performance for Belgian TV. I'll enjoy this; your mileage may vary.

Am also kind of curious to see if a post with the phrases "genesis" and "holy trinity" brings a different kind of web traffic in...

4 comments:

  1. I'm a 'Lamb Lies Down on Broadway' man myself, although any Gabriel period stuff is more than alright by me. Thanks for joining in the fun with this brilliant clip Martin.
    Drew over at Across the Kitchen Table kicked the whole 'Monday Long Song' thing off a couple of months back and I would highly recommend checking out his superb entries in the series so far. Walter at A Few Good Times in My Life has posted some absolute crackers too.
    http://acrossthekitchentable.blogspot.com/
    http://afewgoodtimesinmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just shown this post to Mr SDS as he was a big Genesis fan before punk's Year Zero (like so many). He applauds your choice and tells me this was his favourite track at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so nearly went for The Musical Box, another long song with a great story.

      Delete