Friday 5 October 2018

Contractually obliged

Since it was first broadcast on this day 49 years ago, I was a bit too young for Monty Python first time around. My brother though, a crucial four years older than me, had their Contractual Obligation Album. That's what I remember.

It's all here. Knock yourselves out. My favourites? Sit On My Face, Finland, I'm So Worried and the bookshop sketch. Your mileage may vary.

Coincidentally, contractually obliged is how I feel about blogging about the moment, hence these "on this day" posts. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Monty Python's Flying Circus was a favourite in my household, right up my mum's street, but I wasn't old enough when it was first aired on TV - only catching up later. I do remember that we had Monty Python's Big Red Bok on the bookshelf, and I used to sneak a look at it when no-one was around, believing it must contain lots of 'rude' things! Not sure I found any that I could understand, though!

    Re. you feeling contractually obliged - I hope it doesn't feel too much of an obligation; please be assured that it certainly doesn't feel that way to read it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just not really feeling it for the blog lately. Think it shows in the posts too, if I'm honest.

      Delete