Thursday 22 February 2018

Teenage

At 10:32 on the 22nd February, 2005, in another county (and what sometimes feels like another life too) I posted my first blog post. Don't look it up, it was crap. The blog as a whole has moved around a bit in the intervening time (Geocities, Yahoo, my own site and now here), and changed names occasionally too, but essentially New Amusements is now a teenager. Cue the obvious embeds.

And one less obvious one.

Basically, I think I'll probably carry on for a bit, but may be a bit surlier/lazier/intolerant (insert your own teenage stereotype here, if you like. Or don't. Whatever. God, you're just, like, so embarrassing...)

If this blog is still going in another thirteen years, the real me will be in my sixties. Heaven help us. Old Amusements, perhaps?

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Martin, long may you run.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I hope to. I expect to post less often though - I can't reasonably moan about a lack of time for writing fiction whilst making time for blog posts...

      Delete
  2. A teenage blog, bloody hell! Happy birthday, I'm impressed. Hope you'll still come out to play :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! Though I may sometimes shut myself in a darkened bedroom too :)

      Delete