Friday 16 February 2018

Damned if you don't

I've mentioned Damned before, not on here but on Twitter. Since series two has just started, it seems a good time to sound a klaxon that you need to be watching this. Co-written by Jo Brand and Morwenna Banks, and starring them both alongside Alan Davies, Kevin Eldon, Isy Suttie and an excellent supporting cast, Damned is an office comedy drama (dramedy?) set in a social services department. And because there's gentle comedy, the sort of real-world comedy that surrounds us every day, the programme gets away with the gritty, bleak challenges facing that working environment, all the better to shine a light on them.

Drama, comedy, pathos. Pin-sharp dialogue and a broad, talented cast. What more do you want?

Damned is over on All 4 to watch on demand, right now. Series one is there for catch-up purposes too. Speaking of which, here's a clip from that first series, so you can see what you've been missing. Now, what are you waiting for?

4 comments:

  1. Missed the first series when it was on but tuned in to new one the other night and for some reason I hadn't expected it to be quite so full-on (where have I been?!) I really enjoyed it but at the same time felt oddly, stunned? battered? (can't think of quite the word I want) afterwards. At the moment also dealing with some social services issues so it didn't do much to help my cynicism! Loved Jo Brand's character in particular. Now I know what to expect I'll be prepared for Ep 2 at least. Looking forward to it.... at least I think so....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite full-on at times, nothing is sugar-coated, is it? It takes the absurdity of office life to offset the grim storylines. Hope you enjoy ep2.

      Delete